Search and You Shall Find

Custom Search

Add to G+ Circle

Monday, November 25, 2013

The Miracle Art Exhibit in Binondo, Manila

It was one beautiful Sunday morning in November... I was excited as I got up much earlier than my usual. It was a "Binondo-Kind-of -Day!"

Said to be the oldest Chinatown in the world, Binondo was established in 1594 by a Spanish Governor as a settlement for the Chinese immigrants who converted to Catholicism. A land grant was given to a group of Chinese merchants with a limited self-governing privileges but was granted as tax free in perpetuity! Since then, Binondo became the main center for business and finance in Manila for the ethnic Chinese, Chinese mestizos and Spanish Filipinos.

I'm in a middle of a painting project right now and I'm enjoying applying textures and colors but having difficulty with lights and shades to achieve a 3D effect when my BFF, who is of Chinese descent suggested we go revisit Binondo, Manila. I was like... huh? How would that help me? Hmnn... I was thinking she just probably wanted to go on a Binondo food binge! However, she made a good point. She said there was a Multi-dimensional Art  Exhibit going on in Lucky Chinatown Mall. So I Googled and yes! I loved the idea! The painting by the way, would be a gift for her, reason why she's very supportive LOL!

Prepped for paint splashing
Textures and Colors!!!
Almost done but not quite! Speak to me!!! :)))

The Miracle Art Exhibit in Lucky Chinatown Mall in Binondo, Manila is making raves not so much with art lovers but more with photography and "model-wanna-be" enthusiasts. Huge multi-dimensional art works are painted with acrylic on plywood that create an awesome illusion that you appear to be "inside" of the painting when photographed in different angles! It is highly recommendable for families to visit as it would be a good experience for the kids and also the young at heart!

Me and BFF had so much fun taking each other's shot... like a one-on-one drinking spree (Your shot, my pose now... vise versa LOOOLLLL!!!) we were literally rolling and roaring in laughter as we out-do each other's winning pose! I had difficulty taking her pictures as I was laughing so hard with her gestures and facial expressions my hands couldn't get a steady grip while clicking away. She said I was doing it intentionally and all her shots were motion blurred so I had to retake it! And I thought the same and she had to do it thrice for me for each painting! Mind you, there were like over a hundred display! It was hilarious! The kids were staring at us like we're lunatics while waiting for their chance to pose! They looked like "Jeeeezzz, our chance now puhleaaase!" Haha!

For Details on ticket price and venue, please check out The Miracle Art Facebook Page.




 







































No comments:

Post a Comment