Search and You Shall Find

Custom Search

Add to G+ Circle

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 on IMAX 3D at SM North EDSA

I love to watch movies but don't like so much to see it in theaters. I'd rather watch it in the comfort of my home where I can lay and cry or scream or laugh or comment noisily, if I feel like it! I can eat spaghetti instead of just popcorn and chips, while my eyes are glued on the screen which would be very messy and hard to do if in a dark room. I can frequent the rest room without worrying about missing a thing because the movie would surely pause and wait for me! Most of all, one can even smoke or drink beer while watching a suspense filled movie! Aha!


But there are movies that are best watched only on the big screen and an IMAX 3D at that! One such is Warner Bros.' Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. The Final of the Harry Potter flicks, capped as the most successful and grossed an All Time Domestic Best of $169,189,427 (Opening Weekend Gross in 4,375 U.S. theaters). Source Yahoo Movies




The Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Philippine Premiere was held on July 14, 2011, Thursday. I had to keep myself from rushing with fellow Potter-head fanatics in queue because I know it would ruin the whole experience. So I am patiently waiting for the next weekend and refraining from browsing spoiler reviews of the movie to contain the excitement. While at it, I am also trying to keep my obsessive tendencies at bay by blogging about it and at the same time planning for my weekend movie special treat! (Tsk! Excessively exagge!)






1. Who to watch it with
My friends couldn't stop themselves from watching it on the 1st day, some did during the first week of showing. But I was able to convince my BFF to hold on and watch it with me 'till the next week end by bribing her with a pizza treat! Yay!
2. Where to watch, the best time to pick and early booking of tickets
There are only three options in Manila to watch an IMAX Movie, either in SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City, SM South Mall in Las Pinas City and SM City North EDSA in Quezon City. I opted for Q.C. because it's nearer from my place. The BFF Movie Date was set on July 23, a Saturday, which happens to be the birthday of one of my sisters! Ayayay! It sure is gonna be a long day for me, so I must start early.
There is an 11:40 AM screening but I'm afraid not to make it on time considering the horrible EDSA traffic so I picked the 2:30 PM instead. Then I registered at SM Cinemas' website to use their online booking system or e-ticketing system. Done!






3. What to wear
Seriously, it's not as if I'm going on a date, date! But I might as well plan for my outfit for the photo shoot c/o the BFF, as the unsuspecting official photog (hehe) ... so, it's gonna be jeans and tee! Great plan!
4. Where to eat


Hmmn... this must be meticulously planned or BFF would kill me haha! We both must have taken our lunch before meeting up or we'll be late (Read: good for my pocket *wink*). We'll just grab a pizza after the movie. My choices, Pizza Hut or Shakey's. I'll let her pick, but definitely Yellow Cab is not on the menu LOL!
Too bad we missed Yellow Cab's Pizza All You Can for only P199 from July 14-17, 2011. It was open to all IMAX viewers from 1PM-6PM by presenting the IMAX Tickets at the snack bars of  IMAX North EDSA and Mall of Asia, but it must be enjoyed in the designated dining areas only. Avalable flavors were Cheese and my favorite New York Classic! Oh well! Maybe we'll just take advantage of the Drink All You can Promo for only P65 from July 14-31, with choices of Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, Royal, Sarsi and Nestea! Designated refilling stations are open from 1PM-4PM and 6PM-10PM only. Rest rooms available until closing time hehe.

5. What to do after?
 Party! Party!
Advance happy birthday to my Sis!

I will write my Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Part 2 Review next week. For now, I'm going to watch for the nth time, Part 1, to make sure I will easily follow the causal cohesion and coherence of the two-part movie to make a fair review... and also to give in to my strong obsessive tendencies! Hmmn... I think it would be better if I start from Harry Potter 1 to part 1 of 7!  :)) 


No comments:

Post a Comment