Search and You Shall Find

Custom Search

Add to G+ Circle

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Top 5 Worst Fears: Do you Fight it or Flee from it?

What's your phobe?

Well, I'm not referring to the exaggerated or illogical fear of an object, person or situation that is diagnosed as neurotic, psychotic or pathological.

It says in psychiatry that a person who lacks a feeling of empathy, remorse and fear could be suffering from a mental disorder called antisocial personality disorder  (ASPD) or could have psychopathic personality traits! So, fearless people, beware!

A normal person knows and acknowledges the feeling of fear because it is a basic survival mechanism when one is confronted with a perceived threat. It is the ability to recognize danger that allows us to decide in that moment of fear to either confront it or flee from it! It's actually one of our most basic instincts.




Being afraid therefore is not cowardice at all! So, I'll let you in my secret world of horror, here are my top 5 worst fears ... Do I fight it or do I flee?

Top 5:  Rats! Eeeeek!!! - They have spiky black hair, long black tails, yellow long teeth and red mean eyes (okay, they're not really red). They steal your food and leave you some but poison it with their saliva or pee! They sharpen and trim their continuously growing incisor teeth by gnawing away your wooden furniture, floor, ceiling or whatever! They are fast but really don't mind if you see them parading in your living room while having tea with guests! They are the big brothers of the mighty mice but I don't care even if they're uncles of Mickey Mouse, they're not cute and scare the wits out of me! Do I fight or flee?

Fight! : Always keep the house and surroundings clean. Do not leave left over food on the table or anywhere in the house. Make sure that the garbage cans are also covered and always put it out especially during the night. Never eat in the bedroom, especially chips and sandwiches because they hunt for crumbs even on the bed while you sleep! I never use rat traps because even if I'm scared of these ugly beasts, I really don't want to see them in pain...squirming, squeaking, eyes popping and nose bleeding to death eeeew! So I prefer the more humane Racumin Powder, which is more effective than the other rat pellets and powder brands I've tried. Just sprinkle the blue powder on bread and leave it where you saw the rat roaming but cage your pets to make sure they don't eat it ...when it's gone just prepare another until no more rat is getting the bait anymore, it means the rats are dead somewhere (if it smells, it  could be lying dead inside your house...that's trouble!). Wash hands after preparing the bait and keep the package away from children and pets. If there are more than 2 rats you saw, then it's best to call a professional pest controller or die of heart attack!




Top 4: Flying Cockroach!!! Yikes! - a crawling cockroach gives me the shivers but a flying cockroach (especially one that seems to target me!) sends me scurrying and screaming for help! Fight or Flee?

Fight! : Again, cleanliness is next to godliness especially in the kitchen! Never leave unwashed dishes on the sink. Make sure no crumbs are lying on the table and on the floor. Constantly map the floor with a disinfectant, I use Lysol Concentrate or Zonrox Bleach Plus (new formula, it's actually good and a lot cheaper than Lysol).

For the antagonist cockroach, I'm so happy to have discovered my new hero! The Kwik Multi Insect Killer! I use the green aerosol bottle. The effect is instantaneous with just a quick small spray! This is far more effective than my old brand because I think the roaches mutated and become resistant to it. They're like bacteria that have been immunized to antibiotics! Thank goodness to new Kwik! It's also cheaper than my old brand.

Top 3: Ghosts, demons, bad spirits, occult and the supernatural! Boo! - I've never really seen any and I don't think I'm totally convinced there are elements like these but I like to scare myself and watch movies about it. My favorite scary movies of all time are: Ju-on the Grudge (Japan), The Shutter (Thailand), The Exorcist (Linda Blair), Poltergeist, Silence of the Lambs (Anthony Hopkins & Jodie Foster), The Rite (Anthony Hopkins), The Final Destination (All Series) and more.

Fight! : Keep watching horror films! Please suggest new good ones :)




Top 2: Aging - I really don't know which scares me more, aging or death itself! It's not about vanity at all 'though wrinkles and lines are ghastly sights, I mean it's really scary to imagine oneself all stooped and wrinkled, dependent on others with low cognitive processes, hopefully not sick. Is there a way to fight this or should I just flee life as quickly as I can?

Fight! : Live a healthy lifestyle. Establish good and lasting relationships. Laugh hard, enjoy life. Pray a lot and be steadfast in faith but most of all give love abundantly and unconditionally because love conquers all our fears... even the fear of aging and mortality. And don't forget to stock up on vitamins, minerals, other food supplements, day cream, night cream, anti-aging cream, sunscreen, etc... etc....

Top 1: Death of an immediate family member - This is really my greatest fear of all, I have not experienced it and I pray not to in the near future. It's actually related to my fear of aging. It's really hard when you realize that your parents seem to be not as strong as they used to be. Just thinking of losing one of them sends a pang of panic and a real and physical pain in my heart. Fight or Flee?

Fight!: It's inescapable, No one can flee. I just pray for courage and acceptance when the time comes.



For now, I fear not!

I just live and love!





No comments:

Post a Comment