Search and You Shall Find

Custom Search

Add to G+ Circle

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Painting on my free time!


If there is really such a time which is free, I spend it either reading or painting. It's been my long time delusion that I am actually an artist, specifically a painter. Not really an awful one but I guess never meant to be as great as Picasso or Van Gogh. Oh no, not awful, just bordering between uhmmn fine but not very good.

Anyway, I do it mostly to soothe my mind because it takes me to a lull, relaxed state where I find peace (yes, peace!). When I paint it seems like time slows down and everything is quieter. It calms my nerves and it translates onto the canvass. 




I mostly enjoy oil as my medium because it makes me feel like a real painter with the easel... and the brushes... and my jumpsuit! But I have to settle for awhile with oil pastels because for one it's cheaper, easier to prepare (no priming of canvass), it requires a smaller work space (on the bed is fine) and when you're done, it's easier to clean up! Hahaha. Why I'm such a practical painter!




Enough of the intro let me share with you two of my latest creations, Eyes See You and Embracing Differences. As the saying goes... beauty is in the eye of the beholder... but my favorite adage is... if you don't have anything good to say, just shut it (eyes and mouth)!

 
Eyes See You - Oil Pastel 9x12







Embracing Differences - Oil Pastel 9x12

2 comments:

  1. Hello. Your works are amazing! If it's not too much, would you please describe how you made "Embracing Differences"? I'm still a beginner with oil pastels and I would really like to learn from artists like you who know a lot more. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi elnablase! Thank you for the compliment :)

    I actually have no formal training in painting. I just do it as a hobby.

    "Embracing Differences," like many of my artworks, was inspired by my feelings at the time of its creation.

    Thank you for asking.

    ReplyDelete